Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Standing in Awe of God

"Paige, guard your steps when you come into My presence. Come to listen rather than talk. Don't be quick w/ your mouth or hasty in your heart. I GOD am in heaven and you are on earth so let your words be few." Ecclesiastes 5:1,2

"There is hardly ever a complete silence in our soul. God is whispering to us well-nigh incessantly. Whenever the sounds of the world die out in the soul, or sink low, then we hear these whisperings of God. He is always whispering to us, only we do not always hear because of the noise, HURRY, and distraction that life causes as it rushes on." Frederick William Faber (1814-1863)

Awesome God,

I confess my inclination to rush into Your presence overflowing with many words. My private devotions are filled with my agendas for You. My public worship can be so flooded with noise that You are not able to get a word in edgewise. I confess my failure to listen for Your voice. Too seldom do I wait in silence before You as a servant waits before a king. Help me, Living Word of God, to learn to listen to You. Teach me to still my soul as a child with its mother. Give me a renewed vision of Your holiness, so that when I speak to You it might be with reverence and respect. (Ps. 131:2; Hab. 2:20)

With fear and trembling,
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails