Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Building on the Rock World View / Bible Curriculum

I stumbled onto a Biblical World View and Bible Survey curriculum that I like the looks of. It's from Summit Ministries. They have elementary through adult curriculum. They have extensive samples of the curricula to look at so you can get a very good idea of the curriculum. Level 1 was over 90 pages of sample. I've only looked over level 1 so I'm still in the checking it out phase but this looks very good so far. Thanks to Deb for giving an overview of it. Be sure to check out what she has to say about her first week of using it too.

In looking at the sample pages I am very encouraged at the hands on application of the lessons. My very hands on son would enjoy it I am sure. My initial response to this is that I very much want this one for our homeschool. If I do get it I'll let you know how it goes when I start using it.

For now though I just wanted to make people aware that it is out there. I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I have so far.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Paige, did you get this? It looks so good, but it is expensive and I wish it was set up to be multi age. I would love to know more about it. Thanks!

Paige said...

Lynn,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. No I have not bought this so I can't tell you any more about it. It does look very good though. I have decided to make some changes to next years curriculum and I doubt that I will use this even though it looks great. I will have Bible in what I am using so I won't need this but boy is it tempting.

DW said...

If you're still on the fence about the BOTR curriculum, you should know that Summit has now teamed up with Apologia (the science people) to publish a far more homeschool-friendly version of BOTR. They're calling it the What We Believe series. The first full-color volume is available now through Apologia and CBD. You can check out a sample chapter and the table of contents here:

https://apologia.securesites.net/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=42&products_id=136

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails